Cleaning your sex toys might sound like a daunting task, but hey it is as necessary as cleaning your dishes, but takes barely any time & is pretty easy as long as you know what you’re doing.
Although toys made of porous materials are more likely to harbour bacteria, it’s always the smart thing to wash and dry any toy right after you’ve used it, regardless of its material.
Here are some simple steps that will help in keeping your toys sanitised and safe-
- Rinse with water and clean every crevice.
- Take out batteries, if any.
- Wipe down with a mild cleaning solution (even hand wash works)
- Rinse with water again.
- Pat dry with a microfiber towel.
- Put away for storage once dry.
And just like that, you’re done.
Just cleaning isn’t enough. Storing the toy the right way is equally important.
For the sake of your own health and your toys’ lifespan, dust and fluff covered sex toys should stay as far from your life and bedroom as possible.
Here are a few tips on how you can store your toys properly:
- Only store the toy after cleaning, when it is completely dry.
- Keep away from humidity.
- Use soft satin bags
- Airtight boxes, cotton bags, etc are great for storage.
- Buy bump-proof boxes
- Store the batteries (if any) separately.
- Carefully follow the manufacturer's instructions for storage on the packaging.
Always remember, a whole range of intimate health issues is not the only trouble that comes with improper storage of the toys.
Fumbling around the bed or bedside-table for your choicest toy when the mood and moment calls is a buzzkill.
Keep it safely stored but also accessible.
Be foreplay ready, always!
*The contents of the blogs and/or articles posted on the herein are opinions/ advises/ suggestions of a third party and in no manner be considered opinions/ advises/ suggestions of OohYes!. Please note that blog posts are provided for information purposes only.*