The recipe of a successful relationship hangs on never letting the spark die. No matter how long you’ve been with your partner, there are always chances of things going a little dull behind that bedroom door.
Experiencing sexual lulls is more common than you’d think. Pretty much everyone goes through it at some or the other point in their relationship. However, keeping the passion alive, turning up a little heat, and re-kindling that flame is no rocket science. All it takes is a little effort and the will to beat that bedroom boredom.
Don’t know how to do that? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back.
Here are some things you can do to spice it up in the sheets. Or on the floor:
1. Be vocal- Intimacy is about communication between two bodies. One common mistake that couples tend to make is not being open about what they want/not want. Sex doesn’t come with a handbook, there’s no crystal ball they can gaze into and see what gets you off. If you don’t tell your partner what turns you on, how will they ever find out? Talking about what gets you going or not is more sexy than you think. Whether it’s kissing a body part, trying a new position, doing a little roleplay or experiencing a fantasy: communication is the key, people.
2. Set the mood- Of course your bedroom is the place to enjoy, but the same vibe from that room for months, and years is bound to get mundane. Fret not. Putting in a little effort in setting the mood can be a complete game-changer. Their favourite scented candles here, (plug in for pour over massage candle) a little sexy music there, a touch of mood lighting, can just be the right spices for your sex-curry.
3. Experiment more- Before you take off everything and get busy with the dirty business, maybe try dressing up first? Role-play is at your rescue to shake things up a little in the foreplay department. It is sexy, and for those who like their roles to be kinky, there is always room for more. Experiment with positions, try new ones every now and then. We’re the land of Kamasutra, after all. Engage in dirty talking. Too much of the bedroom is not fun. Kitchen, Bathroom, Balcony or even your car in the driveway. Every place is a great place for some steamy sex, including the foot of the bed. IYKYN. Why should beds have all the fun, right?
4. Try Toys- Adding toys to your bedroom can be the perfect x factor. Make your partner understand that it’s for amping up the pleasure and not for putting an end to sex. Inclusivity in bringing toys to bed is a good way to get the ball rolling. You can use one while your partner watches you and you can seductively reel them in to be part of it. Two can play a game!
5. Take help- Sometimes the issues are deeper than just boredom. If it’s medical, consult a doctor. If it is stress, perhaps think of consulting a therapist. Getting a sex therapist on board also might be a good idea. Creating a safe space where you can openly talk about what’s not working for you is important for the relationship, and for your self esteem. Remember, it’s the two of you in the bed, and only the two of you should matter.
It's normal to feel stuck in a rut, but with little effort you can always bring back the spark. Making out like teens, watching a sexy movie together, learning an intimate dance form, or planning romantic getaways, do whatever it takes to re-ignite the fire. Break the bedroom routine.
And then break the bed.
*The contents of the blogs and/or articles posted on the herein are opinions/ advises/ suggestions of a third party and in no manner be considered opinions/ advises/ suggestions of OohYes!. Please note that blog posts are provided for information purposes only.*